Recipes for rose hips prepared in a slow cooker
All kinds of decoctions and infusions of rose hips are considered to be the traditional drink of the Slavs, which have been known since ancient times. They help to charge the body with substances valuable to health, and the methodology for their preparation does not require specialized knowledge. The article describes in detail the most popular drink recipes from the fruits of this plant, and also describes how to properly brew a berry in a slow cooker.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To prepare a decoction or compote, only high-quality fruits and dried fruits are selected, devoid of traces of damage by fungi and pests. All dry components must retain a minimum of moisture.; damp fruits are not suitable for a drink, as they will add an unpleasant aroma to the taste of a future dish.
Preparation of dry components before preparation consists of several successive steps. First, the berries are carefully sorted and cleaned of inflorescences, debris, and then on each fruit it is necessary to remove the stem. After that, they should be poured with cold water for 1-2 hours or boiling water for 10 minutes.
Did you know? The first mention of dogrose is found in the writings of the time of Babylon (2 millennium BC. E.).The ancient Babylonians grew this plant for decorative purposes in order to obtain its fragrant flower.
Rosehip recipes in a multicooker
Today in cooking there are only two ways to know how to make a tasty and healthy drink out of dried rose hips. These are the so-called compote and decoction, allowing you to fully reveal all the useful qualities of the fetus. Despite the fact that the process of their preparation is understandable even to beginners in cooking, only with the observance of a special technique can you create a really high-quality product that will absorb every vitamin.
Next, we examined in detail how to prepare a decoction and infusion of rose hips in a slow cooker quickly, and without unnecessary difficulties.
1.5 L 50 minutes / 6-8 hours
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Rinse the prepared dogrose thoroughly under running water. Rinse the berries at least 2-3 times to completely remove all contaminants from their surface.
- Pour the fruits into the bowl of the multicooker, and then pour boiling water.
- Place the bowl in the outer casing and set the desired cooking mode. Compote should be prepared using the “multi-cook” or “stewing” functions, at + 100 ° C, for about 40–45 minutes.
- Upon completion of boiling, the multicooker should be opened, and then its contents should be kneaded well. The more thoroughly this process is carried out, the more fruits will be given to the drink beneficial substances.
- Close the slow cooker and set the mixture to “auto-heat” for about 6–8 hours. During this time, the drink will fully infuse and acquire the necessary taste.Strain the hot compote through a metal sieve, and then combine it with sugar.
Video recipeCompote Recipe Video Recipe: Compote Recipe
Important! In addition to wild rose, you can use any berry or fruit, including fresh ones. Moreover, their volume should not exceed the mass of the main ingredient.
1.5 L30 minutes / 10-12 hours
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Rinse the prepared berries under running water at least 2-3 times.
- Transfer the berries to the bowl of the multicooker, and then fill with cold or hot water.
- Install the bowl in the housing and set the desired mode. Prepare a drink should be on the program "stewing" or "multipovar", with a temperature of + 100 ° C, for 20-25 minutes. In this case, the main time of intense boiling should not exceed 10 minutes.
- After boiling, soak the mixture in the “automatic heating” mode for 10-12 hours, and then strain through a metal sieve. You can take such a drink instead of tea or compote, about 2 times a day (before eating).
Did you know? Rosehip flowers open at the same, strictly defined time: from 4 hours in the morning to 4 hours 30 minutes.
Features of storage of blanks
In order to get the maximum benefit from a healing rosehip drink, he should also provide special storage conditions. At room temperature, decoctions and compotes can store their benefit for no more than 24 hours.
In the refrigerator, at +5 ... + 10 ° С, compote can be stored for 3-4 days, in turn, it is recommended to use the decoction for 2 days.After this time, the rosehip drink does not become harmful, but its beneficial qualities are sharply lost.
Important! All kinds of rosehip drinks have strict contraindications. They are not recommended for people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and kidneys, with hypotension and thrombophlebitis.
A rosehip drink in a slow cooker is an excellent option for all those who want to maintain health and immunity. A slow cooker makes it possible to create the ideal temperature regime in order to extract all the necessary substances from the berry to the maximum. And this is the main condition for the usefulness of such drinks.