Tasty Cookies with Walnuts
Cookies with walnuts will not leave anyone indifferent, because it perfectly combines delicate aroma and pleasant taste. Such pastries are appreciated in many countries of the world, which explains a considerable number of recipes. To prepare cookies, you don’t need a deep knowledge of culinary art - any housewife can do this by following the step-by-step instructions.
Preparation of ingredients for cooking
The main ingredient, the choice of which must be approached especially carefully, are walnuts. On sale you can find peeled kernels or in shells. If you buy peeled nuts, pay attention to the fact that they must be firm to the touch, have a light color and smooth skin. When choosing the fruit in the shell, shake them - the fruit should not make a sound. A characteristic knock is present only in dry nuts. The shell must be solid, without cracks and damage.
Important! If the peeled nut has an oily skin, then it has been stored for a very long time. Such fruits are not worth buying.
To speed up the process of peeling nuts, put them on for 10 minutes. in the oven. When heated, the constriction between the halves of the shell becomes more malleable, so the fruit is easier to split. Choose large elongated nuts - they are recognized as the best in taste and kernel volume.
Walnut Cookie Recipes
Today you can find many simple recipes for making homemade walnut cookies. Among them there are options with different types of dough and fillers. For example, some gourmets prefer to add dried fruits (dried apricots, prunes, raisins) to the confectionery, thereby making them more healthy and tasty.
Most of the ingredients are easy to buy on the market, unless, of course, you want to include something special and exotic in the recipe. Further, you will familiarize yourself with several good options, but you can always add your share of imagination by improving baking.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts
30 pcs. 40 min.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Pour softened butter, sugar and salt into a bowl, mix lightly with a fork, and then beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the eggs to the oil mass one by one and mix well again.
- In a separate container, mix flour, soda and cocoa. Then, using a fine sieve, sift the mixture by combining it with an oil blank. Knead the dough.
- Nuts need to be chopped. They can be cut with a knife or, wrapped in dense polyethylene, beat with a hammer. Those who do not like the presence of large pieces of walnut in a cookie can grind the kernels in a coffee grinder - then only a nutty flavor will remain in the cookie.
- Combine the nuts with the dough, mixing the mass with your hands until the kernels are evenly distributed throughout the mass.
- Roll small balls (the size of a chestnut) from the dough and put them on a baking sheet previously covered with baking paper.
- Put the baking sheet in a baking oven heated to + 180 ° С for 15–20 min.
- Having taken the cookies out of the oven, it needs to be laid out on a plate and allowed to cool (if desired, you can sprinkle a little sugar powder for beauty).
Video recipeChocolate Cookies with WalnutsVideo Recipe: Chocolate Cookies with Walnuts
Fragrant and soft chocolate baked pastry with nuts resembles oatmeal cookies in structure. It will be a great addition to any hot drink or milk.
Did you know? The greatest benefit from a walnut can be obtained only if you chew it well — So all the necessary biologically active substances will enter the body.
Puff pastry with walnuts
12 pcs. 45 min.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Put the dough out of the package and leave it to defrost.
- Prepare the filling: grate the butter on a coarse grater, add flour and mix well.
- In the resulting mass put sugar, walnuts (chopped) and mix again to get a friable homogeneous mass.
- Roll out the dough. It is necessary that a rectangular billet with a thickness of 2-3 mm is obtained.
- Pour the filling on top of the dough, distributing it evenly over the entire surface.
- Take the dough by the near edge and roll it together with the filling all the way in, like a roll. Clamp the edges.
- Beat the egg separately in a glass and grease the top cover of the roll to form a golden crust.
- Preheat the oven to + 180 ° C. Cut the roll with a sharp knife across into pieces 3-4 cm thick.
- Put the blanks on a baking sheet, keeping the distance, and send to the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
Video recipePuff pastry with walnutsVideo Recipe: Puff pastry with walnuts
Important! In order for pastries from puff pastry to rise well and be tender, you must not open the oven for the first 10 minutes, since the ingress of cold air at this time will interfere with the process.
Tatar cookies "Barmak"
22 pcs. 60 min.
butter (for dough)
butter (for filling)
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Slightly fry the walnuts in a pan (without oil), cool and chop.
- Melt butter (35 g) in a steam bath, add to nuts. Pour sugar in here, mix well until smooth. The filling is ready.
- For the test: melt the butter, add salt, sour cream to it, mix. Pour the sifted flour into the resulting mass gradually and knead continuously. The dough should turn out soft and elastic, not sticky to the hands. It must be wrapped in a bag and left for 10 minutes. at room temperature.
- Sprinkle the working surface of the table with flour and roll out the dough so that the thickness is minimal, about 2 mm.
- Cut the rolled dough into squares with a side of 10 cm. All lateral uneven edges need to be cut (they can then be kneaded and rolled again).
- Put a nut filling on each square, evenly distributing it, but so that it does not reach the edges by 0.5–1 cm.
- Each square with the filling must be taken over the edge and rolled into a tube. Bagels can be formed - then the squares are twisted diagonally, starting from the corner.
- Put the billets on a baking sheet covered with parchment and send them to the oven, heated to + 200 ° С, for 20 minutes.
- After the oven, the browned cookies should be cooled and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Video recipeTatar cookies "Barmak" Video recipe: Tatar cookies "Barmak"
Did you know? The largest cookie in the world was presented in America in 2003. As a result of 12-hour work, a delicacy weighing 18 tons and a length of 30 m was created.
Cookies with walnuts are a tasty and healthy sweet. Walnut kernels contain a large complex of vitamins and minerals, due to which they give vitality and a charge of positive emotions. Bright aroma and a combination of crisp with juicy filling will not leave indifferent either children or adults.