Nuts are a true source of vitamins, healthy fats and nutrients. But in order to get the maximum benefit from them, you need to be able to properly use these fruits. Why soak almonds and how to do it correctly - later in the article.
Should almonds be soaked in water before use
The almonds are soaked to get maximum nutrients from nuts. If you use dried nuts, then when ingested, they neutralize some processes in it, which prevents its full functioning.
After their use, the pancreas increases, in connection with which there is a feeling of heaviness and discomfort in the body after eating, so it is better to soak any nuts before use.
Did you know? Enzymes inside the fruit give a bitter taste to the nut, which prevents premature growth of seeds.
What is soaked almonds useful for?
- Benefits of soaked almonds:
- the composition of the product changes, the synthesis of certain enzymes starts, which improves its absorption in the body;
- bitterness disappears, a sweetish natural taste appears, and also the fruit becomes juicy;
- the soaked fetus contains: micro and macro elements, vitamins, antioxidants, beneficial enzymes and flavonoids;
- a feeling of satiety appears for a long time due to the nutrients that are revealed in it;
- contains folic acid, which is an important vitamin for the nervous system of the fetus in pregnant women;
- antioxidants are present that protect the heart and the entire cardiovascular system;
- reduces the level of "bad" cholesterol and increases the level of "good";
- the substances contained in the product strengthen the nervous system, remove anxiety and prevent the development of depression, this is important for the female sex, as they are more prone to nervous disorders and stress than men;
- the presence of fatty oils favorably affects the skin, eliminating dryness and peeling, on the hair, enhancing their natural shine, which is important for the female sex.
When soaking the product, it is important to prevent the appearance of sprouts, otherwise the amount of useful minerals and substances for the human body will be reduced by half.
Harm of soaked almonds
- This nut does not harm, but has several drawbacks:
- Almonds are allergenic products, so you need to use it with caution.
- If you are overweight, you should take it in moderation, after soaking it has a high calorie content.
- Exceeding the daily dose will lead to tachycardia and headaches.
How to dunk
You should take one part of the nuts and pour two parts of hot boiled water, add 1 teaspoon of sea salt to 1 cup of almonds. Stir and leave for 12 hours in a place protected from sunlight, you can leave the container overnight.After this, almond water is drained, the nuts are thoroughly washed and dried.
In general, the soaking time will depend on the structure of the fetus and its size, that is, it can vary. For example, walnuts and pine nuts are enough to fully reveal their beneficial properties and eight hours, and cashews will be able to please their revealing taste after six. In a similar way, you can soak and bean.
Important! In the future, it is necessary to store the soaked kernels in the refrigerator - up to two weeks or in the freezer - up to two months.
Drying after soaking
After washing, nuts are laid on a towel and dried naturally. If you want to get the effect of roasted nuts, you can dry them in the oven at a temperature of 60–70 ° C. However, properly dried fruits that can be stored for a long time are dried at low temperature for 3-4 hours in the oven with the door ajar.
300 g is the average rate of almonds per day, which does not harm health.
Almonds are a healthy and tasty nut. Proper preparation for use will saturate the body with a maximum of useful substances. Only a few pieces a day, and a charge of vivacity and mood is provided to you.